It is hard enough as it is trying to think of something to make during the week – and something that is easy and full of flavour. This recipe for chicken, bacon and leek pie is definitely one you could make anytime and through not making pasty from scratch makes it even easier!
Now it may seem daunting making a pie, however for this recipe Brooke opted for four individual pies which is the perfect serving. This recipe uses simple ingredients, which taste amazing and will have your stomach rumbling waiting to eat it!
To start you need to brown your chicken, before adding in leeks, bacon and garlic. Be sure to wash your leeks thoroughly to avoid any sand getting in your dish. To thicken the sauce, you need to add flour before adding in your stock, cream and rosemary. This needs to simmer for about 5 minutes then can be spooned into ovenproof pie dishes. To top you simply add a square of puff pastry, brush with a little milk or egg to ensure a golden brown finish. Cook in the oven for about 10 – 15 minutes.
While your pie is cooking, you can easily cook some vegetables to have on the side. This recipe really is easy, delicious and the ultimate comfort food.
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- 500 g chicken, trimmed and chopped
- 1 leek, sliced and washed thoroughly
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 tblsp chopped rosemary leaves
- ¼ cup plain flour, sifted
- 1 ½ cups chicken stock
- ½ cup single cream
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- Milk or beaten egg
- Preheat oven to 200C
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan oven a high heat to cook the chicken. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until browned
- Add the leek, bacon and garlic and cook for 2 -3 minutes.
- Add the flour and cook for 1 minute
- Add the stock and cream. Cook, stirring for 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Spoon the filling into 4 x 1 ½ cup capacity ovenproof dishes.
- Cover dishes with puff pastry and brush with a little milk of egg.
- Bake for 10 - 15 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.